Tuesday, August 12, 2003

Tele-Alarms

Events as I wole up this morning....things in my mind are depicted in italics....so here goes....Tring Tring...tring tring (actually it's more of a buzzing sound)
Telemarketer (a sweet sounding girl on the fone) : Hi, Gd morning...May i speak with Rawnjite Raanjha Nathan (chukles)
Me: There goes my name for a walk....Yeah it's me....
T-Girl: I'm calling frm ur XYZ credit card company, how r u doing today sir !
Me : (Bewildered)...Didn't i pay my dues...omg!! was it last month i paid for......(nervously) err..... fine (hurriedly getting outta my bed)
T-Girl: I just wanted u to know abt our Payment secure plan...blah blah blah blah.....(she speaks so fast ..I can never pay attn....but who cares...my bills aren't due....so on the couch)
T-Girl: (going on) blah blah blah..........
Me: oh! shd I sleep a lil bit more!!........but its' 9:30...so wat I slept late last night....stupid movie too....
T-Girl: Blah blahing non-stop.......
Me: I think...I shud cook atleast today.....maybe some nice smelling Rasam......
T-Girl : (pauses for a moment).....and blah blahing again.............
Me: Then again.....we're out of Rasam powder and who'll wash the dishes ....Maggi will do i guess....
T-Girl: (slows down a bit)...So wud u be interested in signing up for the plan?
Me: (twitching)....No I am not interested at this moment ..( Irrespective of their question this is my handy answer)
T-Girl: But sir, Having listeend to the benefits...it's so helpful for u...u can just try it for a couple of months at the end of it u can call us to cancel it ...
Me: How can i get her off the hook....But ....I wudn't want this at this point of time...so maybe call me after a month....
T-Girl : She never lets it go.... But why don't u sign up for the trial period....(goes thru the benefits 1 more time...reallllly fast)
Me : (Irritated at her persistence)...Plz Iam not interested...so plz call me some other time.....
T-Girl: Thats fine sir, have a nice day....( and gives me a fone number which I totally disregard in case I chg my mind)
Me: Oh! man Was I rude on her....she was just doing her job......the timimg isn't good for the call....
So now peace at last for a bout of slumber on the couch.I barely close my eyes when suddenly Tring Tring......Tring tring'

Me: Gosh...I am gonna kill some 1 today...
TMan : (with a husky voice) May I speak to the decision making member in the family or the one whose name the telephone is registered?
Me: Oh gosh! that wud be me....(hesitantly)...that's my room-mate ...He's outta town....will be back in a month....so plz call us then....
T-Man: (probably understood me by the way I rushed to disconnect the call)...still I wud like to inform u abt the gr8 new service we're offereing to ur locality...plz pass on this to the decision making member......
Me: ( cursing myself...still trying to get out)...but I wud not be here when he returns ...so...err
T-Man: That wud be fine....U said he'll be back in a month right?
Me: (sighing in relief)...Yes....
T-Man: Thanks for ur time sir, have a great day!
Me: U bet i wud....(graoning) Shud I switch the ringer off....
So lying there wondering for a sec, how these ppl had to take grouchy ppl like me all the time and still speak so politely for the next call...man! they do have something called Patience....(pitying them for a sec...only a second when suddenly)......Tring Tring Tring Tring.....

Me: Oh god! this is gonna be a crappy day!
Ganga: Deii, Did u get up ( unknowingly asking the same question...but had i not woke up ...i wudn't have answered the fone)
Me: Deii, Kya matter??
Ganga: Nothing! ....Did u get ur........blahing
Me: ZZZZing.....thats it for the day..