Thursday, August 07, 2003

This day that age......

It's offically been two years away frm home....and nearing graduation as well.....going back a couple of yrs .....these 2 yrs have been spl. in a queer way.....me along with a bunch of my friends....had decided to embark on what I wud call nothing short of an adventure....well its the preps b4 coming here that were so much fun....I was an hostelite for the best part of 4 yrs.....so I wudn't say missing home was that much of a big deal....i wud say my friends are as close as my family.....it was fun shopping, to the minute detail.....endlessly chatting on stupid myths......and so it proved the first few months were entirely different too.....i've never been outta india prior to that.....the 1 thing i still recall with astonishment is the way unknown ppl tend a smile as they pass u...for in india 1 wudn't care to..lest he might be thought of as a stupid intruder....i find it nice and warm....courteousness is lost somewhr..atleast in indian cities....ppl just don't know how to be nice...maybe it's the weather...maybe its the rush ...u never know....community is not what it stands for.....i don't mean to say i loathe my home.....i miss home too..beaches,temples, chai @ midnight in the small tea-stall......i wudn't trade them for anthing...but it wud be a whole lot nice place had ppl been nice to each other ...instead of carping all the time....asking for too much...do u think so???