Tuesday, August 05, 2003

FRIENDS.....


On the occasion of "Friendship day" ...I had received a couple of forwards (luckily not the type of ones which as u to send it to a few more).....neway for all the while I thought that celebrating these kinda nonconventional days was "girly" stuff...friendship bands...blah blah is what my sister does which i practically find it amusing thatshe had been friends with them the day b4 and wud be the day after that...so y earmark a precise day where u cud exchange pretty useless gifts (so to speak).....but to ponder over it rite now.....i came upon something which bit me strongly....I have had lotsa friends....quite a number of them....used to hang out ...but after a couple of years ppl start to go their own ways..The one thing I regret now that I don't have any contacts with say most of my school buddies...but I used to hang out with them all the time.....feels kinda queer...but ppl do drift apart ...jobs, education.....It's odd to think that the one fella whom I trusted the most cudn't be traced coz I don't have nothing abt him.....and even if i do get a chance to meet him...it is more likely that I'll be outta words.....So the real question is Do or Do I not have a Special friend to trust with the things of utmost importance?...Maybe I do...I just don't know them....maybe i am too lazy to keep in touch (beleive me when I say I'm lazy).....or maybe I don't trust ppl too much...all the while I had thought myself to be a reasonable person....but when I go back to see the tiffs(oh they were pretty useless ones) that I had with some of my closest buddies.....I cringe now sheepishly....I don't know whats the problem...but to reconcile to a friend after a fight...I find that humanely impossible....and even if I do that...I kinda loose the intimacy shared and now it's more or less like a formal relationship.....I had forever blamed this on the other person...but never thought I had an important part in that stupidity as well...maybe a larger share......oh and now I do envy ppl who get my previuosly christened "useless gifts" ...things do change...perhaps it's time for me too...my EGO willing....