Tuesday, September 09, 2003

Yippeeee !! ...got my drivers' license today... had rented a car over the weekend... cudn't bear the thought that I was the only one without that... and I was stretching my Instruction Permit deadline as well.... went really well.. except for a stupid mistake which I had thought flunked me... but luckily enuf i passed... cudn't help comparing to the one that I got in India... didn't own a car back home so had to register in a class for that... well, teaching me how to drive wasn't the goal apparently... but getting me a license was... and there were express orders for a license too... RTO office in India is the best manifestation (shud it be the worst ?) of corruption in India... i shudder to think of the sleazy looking faces... forgive if any of the readers do happen to work there... but u have to cave in to the truth... the moment they see u it's like they're scanning ur pocket's depth... the person who had presented my papers ... my driving vathiyar... was what they call an overtly influential.... the health certificates "bought" were indeed a disgrace to the whole process.... still wondering how they'd beleive that every1 had a mole (grossly spelt as moal) in their right arm and a scar on their neck... perhaps they were intutive enuf to know they'd "GROW" that someday.... totally gross.... and u don't care whether u wore glasses or not or u can tell signs or colours... it doesn't matter as long as u pass the right buck under the chair ( many times over it)... today I feel a I'm a proud holder of a driving license... something I feel I had worked towards it.. unlike that guilty day a few years back.... and a big thanks to all those who stopped by... feels that kinda extra special to get noticed....