Friday, September 05, 2003

In the news.....

The most definitive of things from classes 5 through 9 in my life are sipping through hot mom-made filter kaapi and reading intently through "The Hindu" with my dad and my grand-dad ... My family is such a loyalist to this newspaper...and they wudn't change that even if they gave the other one for free... but the valid question is y change it... i like hindu's unbiased presentation and the overall quality of articles esp. the editorials...of course used to collect several young world issues.. the one thing that didn't change is that y every1 started reading it from the back.... i didn't question it... maybe they didn't know y either... after some time i think i kinda became too old to do that so early... and apart from that the demise of my grandfather and occupational transfer to my dad changed the routine...but still last pages were read first.. i bet a whole lot of ppl do that.... and recently i stumbled upon this quote which kinda unravelled it..it goes .. "The sports pages highlight man's achievements.. the front ones his failures - Earl Warren"... Irrefutable reasoning eh!!