Friday, October 28, 2005

I am almost positive that every1 I know of wakes up to the aroma of morning coffee... hot (usually), fresh (sometimes) and longed for (always).... my caffiene addiction is to be blamed on my mom... she had abstained me from drinking coffee so much, that it brewed in a rebellion in me... I had to cajole my way for a few sips of filter coffee heaven from my dad and thatha for whom the sun rises with the first page of Hindu..... this until I was deemed old enough to have my own cupful..... so like a marriage vow, as in sickness and in health I never parted its company..... and as all gud things come to an end this did with my first morning at my hostel.... if I cud conjure up all the defining moments in my life, this wud easily make the top five...... there it was a cupful of sweetened hot water...... yeah it did have an aroma... so peculiar that you would not associate it with coffee anytime, anywhere.... it did find a purpose though.. setting of my bowels in motion....after 4yrs.... Iam writing this holding a cup of Folgers instant coffee, which I am sure has a flavor (I dunno what though).... i wonder at the the journey of coffee in my morning life... kinda up and down but always been there... so far....